Dr. Jeff Wichtel, DVM, BVSc, PhD, ACT, Diplomate American College of Theriogenologists
Dr. Jeffrey Wichtel has served as Dean of the OVC since 2015 and has extensive experience as a researcher, clinician and administrator. Prior to his appointment to the OVC, he served on faculty in the Department of Health Management at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, where he also served as Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research.
Dr. Wichtel serves as Co-Chair of the SAP.
Ruminant Management and Health
- B.V.Sc. (Massey University)
- PhD (Massey University)
- Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research (Atlantic Veterinary College, Prince Edward Island, Canada) 2009 – 2014
- Faculty, Department of Health Management (Atlantic Veterinary College, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- Massey University (Palmerston North, New Zealand)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States)
- Resident (Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, United States)
- More than 150 publications on animal nutrition, reproduction and disease, livestock production and veterinary education, and is an associate editor of the Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research.
- More than $2.5 million in grant and contract funding.
Phone: (519) 824-4120 ext. 54417