Meet Dr. Marina Debernardi
Dr. Marina Debernardi serves as the Global Chief Veterinary Officer for Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
Dr. Debernardi serves as a member of the Scientific Advisory Panel.
Veterinary Nutrition, Business Development, Veterinary Market and Profession
Dr. Debernardi has an excellent understanding of the global veterinary market and potential development opportunities. As a veterinarian she provides critical, multidisciplinary insight on projects considered by the Clinical Translational Platform. In her current role she is part of the Hill’s Global Leadership Team and member of the Global Commercial team where she is responsible for developing strategies, enabling the network of veterinary affairs professionals worldwide, and fully integrating Hill’s scientific equity with commercial opportunities. Her current areas of focus are the impact of digital platforms on the veterinary profession, understanding the role of telehealth as an enhancer of connection between veterinarians and clients, and the opportunity both provide to drive nutritional recommendation and data-gathering about epidemiology and insights.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (University of Turin, Italy)
- Ph.D., Animal Nutrition (University of Padua, Italy)
After her graduation as Doctor in Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Debernardi completed her PhD in Nutrition with focus on Fiber and its impact on digestion at the University of Padua, Italy. Prior to joining Hills Pet Nutrition in 1994, she was intern and then Contract Professor at the University of Turin, Faculty of Veterinary, Department of Nutrition.
Marina evolved her experience from the Academic environment to the Industry with various assignments and locations worldwide – with focus on veterinary insights, business, profession and clinical nutrition.
- Global Chief Veterinary Officer (Hill’s Pet Nutrition, United States), Feb 2020 – present
- Various roles as Global Director in Professional Veterinary Affairs (Hill’s Pet Nutrition, United States), 2011-2020
- General Manager, Italy (Hill’s Pet Nutrition), 2008 – 2011
- General Manager, Iberia (Hill’s Pet Nutrition), 2007 – 2008
- Marketing and Technical function, various roles in Hill’s – France, UK, US – 1994 – 2007
- University of Turin, Faculty of Veterinary medicine, Department of Nutrition – 1982-1994 ( pre and post graduated intern, contract professor ) 1984-1993